January 24, 2009
Jelani Eddington To Publish Arrangements & Instructional Materials
New Website Online at www.TheatreOrganArrangements.com
RACINE, WISCONSIN. RJE Productions will publish the first in a series of books containing fully written-out theatre organ arrangements by Jelani Eddington. To provide information about these materials, we have launched the new website, www.TheatreOrganArrangements.com.
Over the years, there have been many requests for theatre organ arrangements, as there has been very little new material of this type available for quite some time. In addition to the fully-written out arrangements, each book contains in-depth analyses of the basics of theatre organ style and technique–all presented in an accessible easy-to-understand way for organists of all skill levels.
Over the coming months and years, we plan to publish an entire series of materials geared towards organists of all levels who would like to learn about or improve their skills at playing the theatre organ.
The first book is scheduled to be released by the end of February 2009. This book will contain written-out arrangements of the following theatre organ classics:
- Give My Regards To Broadway
- Indian Summer
- Play A Simple Melody
- A Kiss In The Dark
- When The Midnight Choo-Choo Leaves For Alabam’
Each arrangement introduces new concepts (such as counter melodies, playing techniques, key changes and modulations, chromatic runs, etc.) and provides a full and complete discussion, analysis, and review of each element. The website TheatreOrganArrangements.com will contain free downloadable MP3 files of each arrangement for reference. The arrangements are designed to provide interesting and musically satisfying playing material to organists of all skill levels.
In addition to the arrangements, this first book provides extensive in-depth and easy-to-understand information about a wide array of subjects, including:
- An Overview Of Registration (including an extensive 20-page catalog of “essential” theatre organ registrations)
- Great & Solo Registrations
- Accompaniment & Pedal Registrations
- An Overview Of Phrasing
- Lifts, Breaths, and Changes of Tempo
- Use Of The Swell Pedal
- An Overview Of Harmony
- Scales & Scale Degrees
- Harmonization Of Scales — How To Find The Right Chords
- The Circle Of Fifths (and how to make seamless modulations
- Putting It All Together
- Developing a “Roadmap”
- Arrangement Shape
- Effective Practicing Habits
The book also contains an extensive appendix containing the following items:
- Catalog Of Essential Theatre Organ Registrations
- Chart Of Scales and Scale Degrees
- Chart Of Basic & Advanced Chords & Harmonizations
This first book should be available by the end of February 2009. Please stay tuned for additional information!