Chapter One: A New England Theatre Organ Odyssey
ATOS Annual Convention, Providence, Rhode Island June 29-July 5, 2011
Shanklin Music Hall (Groton, MA): 4/34 Wurlitzer
Hanover Theatre For The Performing Arts (Worcester, MA): 4/35 Wurlitzer
Babson College (Wellesley, MA): 4/18 Wurlitzer
Zeiterion Theatre (New Bedford, MA): 3/9 Wurlitzer
Providence Performing Arts Center (Providence, RI): 5/21 Wurlitzer
The 2011 ATOS Annual Convention was a stunning musical success. Located in the heart of historic New England, the Eastern Massachusetts Chapter (EMCATOS) hosted several hundred theatre organ enthusiasts in a dizzying array of stellar instruments and musicianship. EMCATOS also holds the distinction of being Chapter One–the very first ATOS chapter to be chartered.
For those who enjoy the sounds of the Wurlitzer organ, the 2011 convention was a dream come true. All instruments heard throughout the week were very fine examples of Wurlitzer organs. Among the instruments was the Hanover Theatre’s beautiful 4-manual 35-rank Wurlitzer theatre pipe organ. In addition, conventioneers enjoyed four other world-class instruments, including the Wurlitzers at Babson College, Shanklin Music Hall, the Zeiterion Theatre, and Providence Performing Arts Center.
This 2-CD commemorative album showcases over 125 minutes of music from 2011 convention artists Jelani Eddington, Chris Gorsuch, Simon Gledhill, Ron Rhode, Donnie Rankin & The Beryllium Gentlemen, Mark Herman, Brett Valliant, Jonathan Ortloff, Dave Peckham, and The American Band.
This album is a great souvenir for those who attended the convention, as well as a great overview of an exciting event for those who were unable to enjoy the convention in person.
The musical selections on this recording are:
- Be Like The Kettle And Sing (Rhode)
- Moonbeam, Kiss Her For Me (Rhode)
- Auf Wiedersehen (Rhode)
- Fairest Of The Fair (Rhode)
- All’s Fair In Love And War (Rankin)
- Take Five (Rankin)
- A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square (Rankin)
- Love For Sale (Herman)
- Jule Styne Medley (Herman)
- Smile Darn Ya’, Smile (Valliant)
- Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow? (Valliant)
- Autumn Concerto (Valliant)
- My Sin (Valliant)
- In A Country Lane (Gledhill)
- Be My Love (Gledhill)
- I Feel A Song Comin’ On / With A Song In My Heart (Gledhill)
- This Is All I Ask (Gledhill)
- Moon River (Ortloff)
- I Gotta Be Me (Ortloff)
- Good News (Eddington)
- Midnight Sun (Eddington)
- Hallelujah! (Gorsuch)
- Plink! Plank! Plunk! (Eddington/Gorsuch)
- Holiday For Strings (Eddington/Gorsuch)
- Rube Bloom Medley (Peckham)
- Isn’t It Romantic? (Peckham)
- The Stars And Stripes Forever (Peckham & The American Band)
- America The Beautiful (Peckham & The American Band)
This recording is available as a special commemorative 2-CD set.